The 2nd Fermentation Festival at The Organic Centre in Rossinver, Co. Leitrim will bring leading fermentistas from Ireland and abroad together for a day of talks, demonstrations and tastings.
This year the cutting edge food festival will have an international dimension with Charlotte Pike heading over from England, Charlotte is one of UK’s leading cookery teachers and chefs and her book “Fermented” was shortlisted for the Andre Simon Award in January 2016. The festival will also feature leading fermentistas from North America with a very special guest appearance from Maya Hey, who studies for a PhD in fermentation in Montreal.
The Irish “International” contingent will be made up of seaweed expert Dr. Prannie Rhatigan, Michelin star chef and organiser of Food on the Edge JP McMahon from Galway, Dearbhla Reynolds from Belfast, author of the newly published and award winning book “The Cultured Club”, Food Scientist and Nutritionist April Danann from Rebel Foods Market Stall in Cork, Head Chef and owner of MISO Sligo Nae Young Jung, Naturopath, Herbalist and chef Gaby Wieland from Neantog Kitchen Garden School and fermentation mixologist Hans Wieland from The Organic Centre.
The festival is open from 10am -6pm, allowing time before and after the speakers to browse the stalls. Location: The Organic Centre, Rossinver, Co. Leitrim
The Grass Roof Café at The Organic Centre will offer a very special menu.
- Tickets are €20 pp and can be bought from www.theorganiccentre.ie
- For more info firstname.lastname@example.org or 071-9854338
The weekend programme is as follows:
- Saturday 17th June 2-5pm: Fermentation Special workshop with Charlotte Pike at Neantog Kitchen Garden School. Tickets www.neantog.com
- Saturday 17th June 18.30 -22.00 Fermentation dinner at Sweet Beat Café Sligo with Dearbhla Reynolds. Book here The Cultured Club + Sweet Beat Cafe join culinary forces to bring you a six course vegan tasting supper. Plates will feature a variety of cultured and fermented foods combined with seasonal freshness to deliver a meal for a happy gut.
- Sunday 18th June 10am -6pm Fermentation Festival at The Organic Centre, www.theorganiccentre.ie
- Monday 19th June: Advanced Fermentation workshop for chefs with Maya Hey (Montreal) presented by Neantog Kitchen Garden School and Irish Seaweed Kitchen in the Riverside Hotel Sligo 2-5pm. Tickets at www.theorganiccentre.ie
For more information email@example.com