Here’s a lovely ‘twist’ on a regular pancake from Chef Alan Fitzmaurice at The Glasshouse. Don’t forget to let us know how it turns out for you.
One thing is guaranteed … the kids will LOVE this!
Basic Pancake Mix
35gr Plain Flour
2 whole eggs
25gr cocoa powder
- Sieve the flour, cocoa powder and salt into a bowl.
- Crack in the two eggs and ½ of the milk, beat well.
- Add the sugar and the remaining milk, beat to a smooth Batter.
- Allow to stand for 1 hr.
- Cook pancakes in a lightly oiled non-stickpan.
125gr chocolate drops
335gr castor sugar
115gr plain flour
30gr cocoa powder
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Add your butter and sugar to mixing bowl and whip till white.
- Add your eggs one by one.
- Sieve your flour, salt and cocoa powder add to bowl combine slowly.
- Add the vanilla essence and chopped/ button chocolate.
So,the final steps…
Place the pancake down on a parchment line tray
Spoon some of the brownie mix on 1 half of the pancake
Fold the other half over
Bake at 160c for 10-15min until set but still gooey
Sit and enjoy with a large Pot of tea or coffee ….