Sligo Food Trail PR Highlights 2019
Click here for list of Food Trail Members
- Traveling in Ireland newsletter/Postcard from Ireland, Eating in Ireland/https://bit.ly/2Ty5ra8/ Sligo Food Trail, Sligo Foodie Tours
- Traveling in Ireland podcast/Interview with Anthony Gray & Shelly Rivoli/ https://t.co/sSFq0iFVHA
- RTE Radio 1/ Opportunities in Food Tourism/ Mention by Sinead Hennessy Failte Ireland on Countrywide
- Ocean FM/ Up and Running with Claire Ronan/ Anthony Gray
- Magnumlady Blog/ Afternoon Tea at Cawleys https://t.co/1wAcasMuQn
- Sligo Champion/ Combining Good Food With a Walking Tour/ Article on Sligo Food Tours by Micheal O’Domhnaill
- Connemara Community Radio/ The Food Show with Janet O’Toole/ Interview with Sligo Oyster Experience
Sligo Food Trail PR Highlights 2017
- Connaught Telegraph: North Mayo Food Tourism Seminar http://www.con-telegraph.ie/news/roundup/articles/2017/03/28/4137346-food-tourism-seminar/
- Irish Independent: Surf’s up in Sligo as movers, shakers and street artists roll into town http://www.independent.ie/life/travel/ireland/surfs-up-in-sligo-as-movers-shakers-and-street-artists-roll-into-town-35575719.html
- The Sligo Champion, Interview with Paul Monaghan, FEED Cafe & Restaurant http://www.independent.ie/regionals/sligochampion/news/more-initiatives-needed-to-promote-sligo-and-attract-more-wild-atlantic-way-visitors-35505482.html
- Editorial by recipe editor Jocelyn Doyle, Easy Food Magazine “Heads to the Wild West to explore Sligo’s local foods” (January 2017 Edition)
Sligo’s selection of Christmas markets is pretty impressive and when we told the world about them – the world listened!
Sligo Food Trail nipped over to London to support Sligo as it was launched as European Volunteering Capital 2017 https://sligofoodtrail.ie/sligo-food-trail-supports-sligo-the-volunteering-capital/
- Irish Rail Magazine feature
- Anthony Gray took part in Tourism Panel at Bank of Ireland Tubbercurry & South Sligo Enterprise Town and Sligo Food Trail had a display stand
- Press Release: Anthony Gray letter of support to Mr Bartley Gavin Chairman of the Fred Finn branch, and Chief Executive Mr Ciaran Hayes in a show of support for the Fleadh Cheoíl na hEireann to return to Co Sligo at its earliest convenience.
On 18th November CEDRA funding was announced for the Sligo Food Trail https://sligofoodtrail.ie/cedra-funding-is-announced-for-the-sligo-food-trail/
Sligo Food Trail are definitely on the right track according to an article in Business & Finance on 25th November: “Food for thought: Whiskey, food trails and healthy muscles” http://businessandfinance.com/food-for-thought-whiskey-food-trails-and-healthy-muscles/?ref
The Sidewalk Safari bloggers put Sligo Food Trail on their 2017bucket list on 25th November. Nice! “Our 2017 Travel Bucketlist – Through Europe and Beyond” www.bootsnotroots.com/2017-travel-bucketlist/
Sligo Food Trail took a stand at the BBC Good Food Show at The Waterfront in Belfast. https://www.bbcgoodfoodshow.com/
The Sligo Food Trail brochure proved so popular it needed a 5,000 run reprint. That’s 5,000 more people who get to find out about us!
Sligo Food Trail reached the finals of the Sligo Business Awards. W didn’t win this time, but the Sligo Chamber President had some really great things to say about us. http://www.sligochamber.ie/chamber-president-outlines-vision-sligo-annual-dinner/
- Anthony: Interview with Near FM, Ocean FM and local newspapers
Sligo Food Trail Harvest Feast
‘Sligo Food Train’ Departs for the Wild Atlantic Way – CHEW CHEW!
“We have partnered with Iarnród Éireann and the Sligo Food Trail – Harvest Feast Season, to bring all Sligo has to offer to a group of VIP writers as part of a series of new initiatives to stimulate regional dispersion and seasonal extension along the Wild Atlantic Way…”
On behalf of Sligo Food Trail Marie Brouder attended the Fáilte Ireland #FoodConnect Conference in Tankardstown House, Co. Meath. She was one of just 120 trade attendees at this exceptional event.
The Foodie Destination 2016 judging took place and Sligo achieved a 5th placing. The overall winner was The Boyne Valley. https://thetaste.ie/wp/the-boyne-valley-is-crowned-foodie-destination-2016-by-the-rai/
Continuing their pattern of being involved in everything to do with food in Sligo, some of the Food Trail members took part in the Celtic Fringe Fest Gala Reception and the Celtic Fringe Fest Market in Mullaghmore http://www.celticfringefest.com/programme/
Sligo Food Trail wowed the national media with a fabulous Harvest Feast Experience including a special train from Dublin to Sligo and two days of amazing food related events and experiences. “Fantastic two days”, “Brilliant trip”, “Exceeded expectations” were just some of the comments. Coverage included:
Ocean FM, Claire Ronan Business Show “Up and Running”
The whole half hour show was dedicated to the Sligo Food Trail members, which she interviewed in
Connolly Station in Dublin and on the train journey down. http://oceanfm.ie/2016/10/08/up‐andrunning‐with‐claire‐ronan‐8th‐october‐2016/
Catherine Moran: http://myartisanbusiness.com/exploring‐sligo‐food‐trail‐wild‐adventure/ (first
in a series of interviews with Prannie and Anthony released, she has more to follow also a 30‐
Fáilte Ireland: http://www.failteireland.ie/Footer/Media‐Centre/%E2%80%98Sligo‐Food‐
Jennifer Petoff Sidewalk Safari: http://www.sidewalksafari.com/2016/10/sligo‐foodtrail.
Una Minh Kavanagh: https://spillthebeans.ie/2016/10/16/food‐trails‐seatrails‐and‐mighty‐craicexperience‐
Val Robus: https://magnumlady.com/2016/10/06/sligo‐food‐trail‐harvest‐feast/
Irish Independent: http://www.independent.ie/sponsored‐features/grab‐a‐slice‐of‐the‐wildatlantic‐
Hotel & Restaurant Times: http://hotelandrestauranttimes.ie/aboard‐sligo‐food‐train‐departswild‐
Once again Sligo was named as one of the 10 finalists in the 2016 Foodie Destinations Competition and a Foodie Destination Voting Campaign was put in place encouraging people to vote for Sligo. http://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/best-foodie-destination-in-ireland-ten-make-the-shortlist-1.2760629
- Members took part in Sligo Festival Food Area
- So Sligo Food Tapas Trail
- The Coney Island Seaweed Experience
“Tubs on Tour on the Wild Atlantic Way” – Fáilte Ireland’s Discover Ireland campaign brought 2FM’s Tubridy Show to Sligo and Sligo Food Trail members were quick to spot the opportunity and display the Sligo Food Trail stand at the Strandhill outside broadcast.
Anthony Gray and Pat Grimes visited the Mayo, Sligo and Leitrim Education and Training Board (MSLETB) Training Centre – Sligo to discuss the National Career Traineeship in Hospitality.
Aoife McIlwaine from The Irish Times was impressed with Sligo Food Trail member Knox when she visited “inventive specials such as plates of scallops with crispy chicken skin and bites of ham hock terrine…”
Thank you for your interest in the Sligo Food Trail. Contact us.