The Draft House Gastro Pub and Sheerin’s Meatin Place are representing Sligo in Ireland’s first burger festival which runs all this week until the 28th January. The 8-day festival celebrates the burger with competitions and events taking place around the country. FestivalCrew have teamed up with Ballymaloe Foods to organise this event. Establishments around the country will be holding tastings, competitions, events for you to join in and celebrate classic and unique burger recipes. The Festival will conclude with a competition to determine who has the best burger in Ireland. Winners will also be chosen for each county.
To help decide which burger will be given the title of Best Burger in Ireland, you need to tag where your favourite burger is and use #BurgerFest. At the end of the week, the victorious burger will be given the title.
The DraftHouse is located in Strandhill and serve lunch from 12 – 5pm followed by an evening menu.
- Goat’s cheese burger – A breaded flat mushroom, topped with Fivemiletown goats cheese and red onion marmalade served on a Brioche bap with homemade chunky chips and Croghan’s organic salad.
- Sherlock’s beef burger – Locally sourced beef, topped with BBQ pulled pork, coleslaw, pickled cucumber and Knockanore smoked cheese with a side of chunky chips.
- Crispy buttermilk chicken burger – coated chicken breast with guacamole and smoked paprika mayo with a side of sweet potato fries.
Sheerin’s is a 7th generation butchers located in Ballymote. Their specially created burgers are
- Sheerin’s Jack Daniels Steak Burger – Lean prime steak aged for 30 days then marinated slowly in Jack Daniels Rye Whiskey.
- Sheerin’s Gourmet Lamb Burger – Succulent lamb combined with a carefully balanced blend of fresh garlic, rosemary and mint.
- Sheerin’s Gluten Free Turkey Burger – Lean turkey meat with grated sweet potato, traditional cranberries and smoked paprika.
To vote for your favourite burger and see it in the final, post a photo, tag the establishment and use the #BurgerFest to enter.